Sep 19, 2006

Do not trust this man

In the context of (as i recall), 'how do you think the local (Florida?) Jewish population will reposnd to policy X, re: Israel?'
Baker is alleged to have said about Jews in 1992: "Fuck 'em. They didn't vote for us."
I happenned to be up late that night, and happened to be in the lounge of my dorm, and watching the middle of the night news (on ABC, i think).

long and short of it: James Baker did say that.

-----

then, today.

The former secretary of state is part of a bipartisan group that is exploring ideas for a way out.

He cited the "impeccable credentials" of the 10-member group, which also includes former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, Bill Clinton adviser Vernon Jordan Jr. and former White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta. The other cochairman is former Rep. Lee Hamilton, D-Ind.
Now, how come I can't find any crap about Panetta or Jordan pecc-ing their own credentials.










so

4 Comments:

At 20.9.06, Blogger Chuckles said...

Seems like the administration is still shooting par.

 
At 21.9.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never trust anyone except Ferris Bueller.

BTW, what did you think of the Deval win last night? I am in Texas this week and couldn't watch things unfold.

I am unhappy a women did not get elected for Lt. Gov with him.

 
At 21.9.06, Blogger mdhatter said...

I think I did my part.

I went for Silbert as a Lt. Gov. candidate.

I'll be having a Deval post very soon.

 
At 22.9.06, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

James Baker needs to be shipped off to a crematorium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home