Feb 8, 2006

A contest

Slow day, but the most memorable among the last few.

I was working today, in a run-down section of Boston, and I wound up having to kill an hour, waiting for a guy to let me in to his pad, so I could pick up an air sampler I had left there overnight. I'm a chemist.

He was sleeping in, and all the banging I could muster wouldn't wake him up, because they were stripping the roof off of a nearby building. The three of us took shelter in the entrance shed to the studio. It was cold in boston today, and windy, and bits of roof kept flying by.

Anyhow, got to talking with these two guys, smoking a few cigarettes. They were waiting to be let into the sleeping mans recording studio. All of us had phones. None of us had his number. They talked music, I nodded, I talked chemistry, they nodded. We talked about California, Hawaii, Mexico, British Colombia, and Amsterdam. All great places. I claimed the "I am at work" exemption from some other ways to pass the time. Chatted for, maybe an hour. drank coffee.

As an afterthought, I asked, oh, are you guys in a band I'd have a chance of knowing?


For the record, it wasn't the two in the middle.

[UPDATE: The contest is name that band]

8 Comments:

At 8.2.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE!

 
At 8.2.06, Blogger pop renaissance said...

those dudes look waaaaaaaay tougher than me. which ain't hard.

 
At 9.2.06, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

PR: They're not that tough -- they're Wiccans, IIRC.

Oh, and mdhatter: THe contest would be a lot tougher if the name of the band wasn't in the name of the .jpg...

 
At 9.2.06, Blogger mdhatter said...

who said it was hard?

 
At 9.2.06, Blogger mdhatter said...

oh, and you win*, because I hadn't noticed* that.. feature*.

*curses!

 
At 10.2.06, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

tee h33

 
At 10.2.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I was wondering what the contest was, thinking "it can't be the name of the band, it must be the size of the one guys wang"

 
At 17.2.06, Blogger mdhatter said...

no no, they were smoking funny cigarettes, not poles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home